Join the RDA UK team
Our volunteer groups around the UK are supported by a dedicated team of RDA UK staff and volunteers and we are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join us. Take a look at our current vacancies – and we look forward to hearing from you.
These vacancies are for staff and volunteer roles supporting RDA at national, regional and county levels. If you are looking to volunteer or support your local group, please find them here.
The Vaulting Lead plays a vital role in providing direction and development of RDA Vaulting activities and supporting the promotion of RDA Vaulting and the development of this discipline within RDA.
As Lead, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of RDA UK as a national organisation, through your membership of the Operations Planning Committee, which reports directly to the RDA Board of Trustees.
- Leading the activity of Vaulting, delegating responsibilities and tasks if needed
- Play a key role in any Working Groups for Vaulting, providing technical knowledge of the discipline.
- Working alongside a variety of teams within National Office which will include Training and Education, Competitions, National Championships and Group Development
- Ensuring effective communication across the wider Vaulting community by Zoom, phone, email and in person where necessary
- Supporting the National Office team and RDA Groups with Vaulting queries and rulebook updates
- Play a key role in the organisation of any Vaulting training
- Liaise with British Equestrian Vaulting via Zoom Meetings or in person
- Supporting National Championships Co-ordinator with recruitment and allocation of Judges
- Attend National Championships. Liaise with Judges, Stewards, Vets, Scorers and manage any appeals
- Being committed to the growth of Vaulting within the RDA network
- Attending and representing Vaulting on the Operations Planning Committee
- Carrying out such responsibilities as may be delegated from time to time by the RDA UK Board of Trustees
- You must have passion and enthusiasm for vaulting
- You must have good understanding of equestrian vaulting
- You must have a good use of technology, including the use of Zoom for training and meeting purposes.
- You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, including National Office staff. BEV, Vaulting judges as well as RDA Participants and Volunteers.
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills
- You must be committed to improving the growth of the activity of Vaulting within RDA.
- You should have Equestrian vaulting coaching experience
- You should have good organisation skills
- You should have a flexible approach to change.
- You should have some understanding of finance and planning
We would love it if you also had:
- Coaching qualifications eg RDA Vaulting Coach/ BEV Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Coach development knowledge
- Links to BEV
- Links to other RDA disciplines
- Links to Physio knowledge
- Good knowledge of vaulting horses
- Experience of Training of vaulting horses
- Training of vaulters (ground management)
Method of Appointment:
The National Volunteer Lead is appointed in consultation with the Volunteer Appointment Committee.
Deadline: 27th June 2022.
Please contact Helen Kallow on email@example.com if you have any questions or for an informal discussion about the role.
The Regional Fundraising Volunteer is a voluntary position to increase voluntary income within the South West Region.
This is an excellent opportunity to engage your fundraising skills, drive fundraising activity within the region and get involved with RDA UK.
This position will play a vital role in increasing voluntary income within the Region and in turn helping to raise awareness of RDA. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser, of managerial level, looking for the next step in their knowledge and career. You will have significant fundraising experience, bringing ideas, knowledge and enthusiasm to the role.
The Regional Fundraising Volunteer will:
- Engage and liaise with local groups.
- Manage volunteer Community Champions.
- Create, support and engage with fundraising ideas and events.
- Work with RDA UK on joint applications.
Why take on an RDA UK position?
- Make a big difference in helping the RDA community.
- Embrace the opportunity to gain new, or develop, existing skills and learn more about RDA and our incredible participants and volunteers.
- Boost your CV.
For more information, questions or to register your interest please contact:
Catherine Stuart-Yapp, National Events and Community Fundraising Manager (RDA UK)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01926 476305
The Regional Chair is a vital volunteer position that provides development and direction to RDA groups within the South West Region.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to use your leadership skills and will enable you to drive wide impact to RDA groups across the whole of your Region. We are looking for a professional with managerial experience who is reliable, warm and empathetic with the ability to motivate others. Experience of chairing meetings would be an advantage along with strong organisational and listening skills.
The Regional Chair;
- Provides opportunities to influence the wider RDA community: within the Region and to National Office
- Proactively consults with the region’s groups and members, ensuring collaborative involvement in decisions and actions.
- Works closely with National Office, Regional Volunteers and Groups.
- Encourages high quality recruitment, induction and training of volunteers at all levels, from groups to Counties and across the Region.
Why take on a RDA UK position? You will:
- Make a big difference right across the RDA community
- Have the opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing ones
- Learn more about RDA and how we work
- Get to meet and understand the impact of our work on our incredible participants and volunteers.
- Be able to add this substantial role to your CV
For more information contact:
Faye McKenning (Projects Co-ordinator: Volunteer Development) at RDA National Office.
Phone: 01926 405966