This Christmas we are asking for your help to enable us to continue to support our community of 18,000 volunteers, 25,000 disabled children, young people and adults across the UK. We are continuing our commitment to our groups, through the Grants to Groups Programme, to ensure that the 500 RDA groups continue to provide the vital services, that No Other Charity provides, today, tomorrow and in the future.
The RDA UK Grants to Groups programme has always been an essential part of the support we provide to RDA Groups around the country, never more so than in the last 18 months and we need your help this Christmas to enable us to continue to deliver this programme.
From the closure of groups, to reopening within social distancing restrictions, RDA has had to adapt and thrive in order to ensure we continue to support our beneficiaries. RDA UK has supported this process by providing Grants to RDA Groups, which have been utilised to; deliver innovative and adapted services, buy equipment or to cover core costs to ensure a group remains open.
RDA UK needs to continue to help its Groups with support through grants, during these difficult times, and we need to raise the funds to do so.
Our Christmas Appeal this year is to raise funds for the Grants to Groups programme.
Your support will ensure we are helping as many groups as possible remain open and we are here today, tomorrow and in the future; and the services we deliver, which cannot be accessed anywhere else, continue to have a huge positive impact on the physical and mental wellbeing of our disabled riders, volunteers and their carers and families across the UK.
Groups will be able to apply for activities that enable them to change, flex, innovate, or grow including:
- Recover from COVID-19;
- Continue to empower our disabled riders, families and volunteers
- Respond to our communities needs and ensure their health and wellbeing
Every donation counts:
- £10 can contribute to a grant for groups to buy hand sanitizers to ensure riders and volunteers are COVID-19 safe whilst riding.
- £50 towards the grant pot can help our groups buy equipment to adapt their activities so they can continue to deliver activities to our disabled riders.
- £100 towards adapting or refurbishing indoor and outdoor spaces. For example, it could help towards the cost of a new cabin, creating a warm and dry space for riders and drivers.
Thank you in advance for your donation that will make a difference and ensure the future of the RDA community.