The RDA website has been carefully designed and built with accessibility in mind. We built and tested the site on a range of desktop, mobile and tablet devices to make it accessible to as many people as possible.
Our main basis for accessibility has been the WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
The following actions have been undertaken:
- Accessible content. All content on the RDA website is static and non-dynamic, allowing for it to be read by accessibility readers.
- All tags. All images have alt tags which outline descriptions of images.
- Carefully chosen colour scheme. Using a palette of both bold and pastel colours, we have ensured that text always stands out against the background and images.
- Careful use of headers to structure the content.
- Clean coding and no table content.
- Non-automatic navigation or media content. Page links and content will only action when the user chooses.
- To increase/decrease font sizes on the website or zoom in/out, the user can do this via the keyboard
- PC: Press the CTRL and + or – keys
- Mac: In the top bar, select Safari > Preferences, click Websites, then click Page Zoom
If you would like to know more about our accessibility, please contact us.